What are the characteristics that make up a great boss? Experts tell us that even though bosses come in all shapes, sizes and styles, there are definitely some common attributes which indicate that a good boss is destined to be a great one. On October 16, we are given the opportunity to celebrate those who work hard every day to create a work environment that is encouraging, dynamic, and productive. If you think that you have the best boss in Miami, make sure they know you appreciate them, with a gift from Trias Flowers.
Did You Know? National Boss’s Day originated in Chicago in 1958, the brainchild of Patricia Bays Haroski, an employee of State Farm Insurance. It took 4 years, but in 1962 the observance was made official nationally, and is dedicated to enhancing the relationships between employees and employers.
So what exactly are the characteristics of a “great boss”?
* They see each of their people as an individual, and highlight their strengths to benefit both them and the team.
* They are passionate about their work, and the mission of their department or company.
* They encourage ongoing learning and training, and provide clear paths to advancement.
* They share the credit and the accolades, but absorb the criticism.
* They lead from a place of humility and team work, and their authority is born of respect, not a title.
Gift Ideas for the Best Boss: Green and flowering plants are perfect for an office environment, as they not only infuse beauty in the space, but they help to create a healthier atmosphere. We love orchids for their delicate and sophisticated countenance, ideal for cor[orate offices and professional spaces. (see above) Another favorite for Boss’s Day is a delicious gift basket – choose your favorite, and maybe your boss will share!
Anyone who has ever had a bad boss knows just how great it is to have a fantastic boss. If you would like to honor yours on National Boss’s Day, just call Trias Flowers. We’ll take care of everything.